Saturday, July 16, 2005

Tour de France

Last weekend I've made a bike trip to the Black Forest to visit the Tour de France on its stage through Germany. I went by train to Rastatt near Baden Baden, later by bike to the 4th climb of the stage. I was cheered up the mountain by the spectators that had already crowded here.
Quite a cool feeling and just half an hour later the riders arrived.

&copy 2005 by Jolle


&copy 2005 by Jolle


&copy 2005 by Jolle


&copy 2005 by Jolle


After they had passed I started my own tour and rode the stage in the reverse direction back to the start, passing the previous 3 mountains (third category climbs) and passing nice villages.

&copy 2005 by Jolle


&copy 2005 by Jolle


After leaving the Black Forest I followed the Rhine until Mannheim.
This weekend I'll relax in Mannheim, enjoying the sun. Coming Friday is our company's summer party which will last until Saturday morning, where I'll compete in the RoemerMan, an Olympic distance triathlon in Ladenburg.

I wish you a nice weekend, Jolle!

No comments:

Post a Comment