Tuesday, August 8, 2006

12:21:28...

...I did it again! What a wonderfull feeling. It took a bit more time, but therefore it was a very nice race day. Perfect weather, maybe a bit too warm.

Swimming went well, I was a lot faster than last year. The bike leg was significantly slower this time, because I reduced speed to avoid cramps. Resulting from that conservative cycling, the running part at the end was very smooth and not such a pain like last year.

Altogether I must say it was a wonderful day and I could enjoy most of the race. And with a bit more training, especially for the bike part, my current personal best will be crumbling.

My mother took some photos, but the old fashioned way, so it'll take some time before I have them. Here are some photos of the evening before:

The swim start at the beach just next to the bike park on the evening before the race.

The start zone on the evening before(&copy 2006 by Jolle)


My bike waiting for me.

My bike waiting for me (&copy 2006 by Jolle)


Shortly before going to bed at the camp site just 500 meters from the start zone.

Sunset on the campsite (&copy 2006 by Jolle)

No comments:

Post a Comment