Friday, April 4, 2003

Punch-Up alarm
George called me in the evening to join in having some drinks with the returned T.W. and some of his friends. I decided not to join them this time as the night was scheduled open end and this can be quite expensive. At least til midnight when I decided that they must now be in a state that I can join in without needing to spend too much to keep the pace. I was right. When I came to the bar around 2 am, George and especially T.W. had quite some drinks already. Conversations were on a minimal intellectual level and George had a hard time to convince "our Turkish friends" from the neighboring table that T.W. is suffering a spastic disease, and that his movements, statements and gestures were not meant in any way as an attempt to start a major punch-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment