Friday, April 25, 2003

A decision - at last
It definitely was time for a decision. I said good-buy to my thesis topic. It was simply too difficult and stochastic for me. And I am the one to be blamed for the long-lasting decision process. Anyway, I had a meeting with a doctorand of the chair of production, logistics and operations management today drawing out a new topic for me. It's about genetic algorithms (GA). He already had a clear concept what he wants from me. I have to do some literature review, description of the GA and so on in the first part. The second part will be the testing of a special GA he developed for a semiconductor plant in Singapore. I shall research on connections between parameters and target values.

He gave me some papers to read and I will have another meeting with the professor on Tuesday where I finally have to decide to take the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment