Thursday, August 28, 2003

# 20676
We had two races at the Team Cup last weekend. At the first one I started from the last position and moved up to fifth. The second race I won, starting from the fifth place. Overall, I had quite some luck and good race partners. Now I rank on second overall with one race missing this year. Not a bad postion.

24 Hour Bike race on the Nuerburgring (&copy 2003 Jolle)


This weekend was also an alternative event on the Nuerburgring F1 Grand Prix Course as well as on the old race course, the famous 21 km-long Nordschleife. Several bike and inline skate races had been scheduled, including a 24-hour-bike-race on the Nordschleife. When I went there on Saturday evening with Raffael, most of the races except the 24-hour-race were already over. It was completely dark by now and if you know the Nordschleife with its steep and dangerous curves, you know it isn't easy to ride it in complete darkness. Many riders had cars following them, drinving just 2 meters behind and spending a bit more light than the small battery powered bike lamps. But anyway, it remained dangerous, as they went downhill with more then 90 km/h at some points, drivers told me the next morning, when I came back for the final hour and the ceremonies. A single rider from Austria won his category with over 500 km. He didn't sleep and made just shot stops. Wow!!!

But that wasn't the reason I came back in the morning. I was thinking about taking my inline skates and ride some laps on the F1 Grand Prix Course, which was no more allowed today. But luckily nobody cared and some other riders even joined me on their bike. When will you have that chance again, riding with your skates where normally Schuhmacher, Montoya etc. turn their laps. A good way to learn how hilly the course actually is, in TV it doesn't look like.

By the way, I got my starting number for the Berlin Marathon today: it's # 20676. So watch out for that number in Berlin. It's very easy to remember...
2: # of legs I posses
0: # of marathons I ran
6: # of days I scheduled to run per week
7: # of days per week
6: # of hours I hopefully won't need for the 42,195 km distance.
Not so easy to remember? Make a better proposal to me. Just leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment